Would you like to be a speaker at WordCamp Buffalo 2012? We’re bringing together the best in local designers, developers, business owners, and bloggers from across Western New York and beyond, and we’d love to add you to that list.
If you are passionate and knowledgeable about WordPress – from new user basics to custom function development – please fill out the form linked below!
- We’re looking for talks that are immediately relevant (or directly applicable) to casual WordPress users or experienced developers. We’ll be offering two tracks (a “user” track and a “developer” track) so keep that in mind as you write your proposal.
- Talks will be allotted 50 minutes. You can use that time however you like (30 minutes for talking and 20 minutes for questions, 25 for talking and 25 for hands on, etc.).
- We are also planning an “unconference” track, to help accommodate talks that don’t directly fit into our main tracks, or shorter talks. If you don’t get accepted to one of our main tracks, we’ll be sure to fill you in about how the unconference track will work.
- Speakers will be offered free admission to WordCamp Buffalo 2012 (including food throughout the day) and get to attend a speaker dinner, but we can not reimburse travel, lodging, or other expenses.
- Sessions will be video recorded for WordPress.tv. You will need to sign and return a recording disclaimer form prior to the conference. All submissions without a signed disclaimer will not be approved.
Ready? Think you’ve got what it takes? Sign up to speak at WordCamp Buffalo 2012!
If you have questions about speaking, please email our speaker coordinator, Chris Van Patten.